- 150 g flour (type 405)
- 225 ml soy milk
- 3 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 5 tbsp. aquafaba1
- 30 g sugar
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 20 g raisins
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar
- In a bowl, whisk the flour with soy milk, rapeseed oil and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- In a second bowl, using a mixer, beat the aquafaba1 and sugar for 5 minutes until stiff.
- Then gently fold the stiff aquafaba into the batter.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of vegan butter over low-medium heat until foamy. Then spread the batter in the pan and sprinkle the raisins on top.
- Bake it without stirring on the bottom side for about 8 - 10 minutes. When the batter can be removed from the bottom of the pan as a whole, turn it over with the help of a plate and flip it. Then bake the second side for another 5 minutes.
- In the pan, carefully tear the dough into small pieces using two wooden spoons. Finally, stir in 1 tablespoon of vegan butter and toast for another 2 - 3 minutes on all sides until golden brown.
- Serve with icing sugar.
Good to know
1 Aquafaba is the viscous cooking water of chickpeas, white beans or other legumes, e.g. from a tin can. Due to its characteristics it can be whipped like egg white.
About this recipe
This vegan Kaiserschmarrn (or Emperor's Mess) is baked golden brown in a pan. With the help of whipped aquafaba, it becomes soft, fluffy and succeeds safely. Served with a handful of raisins, icing sugar and apple puree, Kaiserschmarrn is a true dessert classic.