Tortellini with Mushroom Filling
Preparation: 60 mins
Cooking: 4 mins
For 2 servings
- 50 g cashews
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Salt, pepper
- 1 onion
- 100 g champignons
- 100 g oyster mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Olive oil
- 135 g durum wheat semolina
- 65 ml water
- For the ricotta, first boil the cashews in water for 10 minutes until they are soft. Then drain the cashews in a sieve and rinse under running water. Next, put them in a stand mixer together with 50 ml of water, yeast flakes and a pinch each of nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix briefly until it has a creamy, grainy consistency.
- Finely dice the onion. Clean the champignons and oyster mushrooms and cut them into fine strips.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Then add the champignons and oyster mushrooms and sauté for about 15 minutes until golden brown at all sides. Every 5 minutes, deglaze with a shot of white wine and stir well. Finally, stir in the tomato paste thoroughly.
- Place the sautéed mushrooms in a stand mixer with 4 tablespoons ricotta and oregano and puree briefly. It should make an even, but not too fine, filling. Let this cool, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- For the dough, process the durum wheat semolina and water as described in the pasta dough recipe. Roll out the dough thinly with a pasta machine up to level 5.
- Cut out circles of about 5 cm from the dough sheets. Then place about 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of each dough. Now fold the dough in half and press the edges lightly all around with a fork so that the filling is completely sealed. Finally, press the corners of the flat edge together to form a tortellini shape.
- Cook the tortellini in boiling and lightly salted water for 4 minutes.
About this recipe
These super delicious handmade tortellini are filled with fresh mushrooms and vegan ricotta made from cashews. To serve, just add a little olive oil and fresh herbs. The effort is worth it.