Preparation: 30 mins
For one bowl
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 5 small pickled cucumbers (optional)
- 1/2 onion
- 125 ml vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. dill
- 1/4 tsp. chervil
- 1/2 tsp. fenugreek
- 6 tbsp. pickled cucumber water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover completely with water. Add rosemary and 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, simmer the potatoes for about 20 minutes.
- Then drain the water, rinse the potatoes in cold water and let them steam completely. Then peel and cut into even, thin slices and place in a bowl.
- For the dressing, finely chop the onion.
- Then add the vegetable broth, 1 teaspoon of sugar and the onion to a pot and bring to a boil. Then remove from the heat.
- Stir the dill, chervil, fenugreek, 1/2 tsp salt and a pinch into the vegetable broth.
- Then pour the warm vegetable broth over the potatoes in the bowl and stir everything thoroughly. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and let sit for at least 1 hour.
- After that, add the cucumber water and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for another hour.
- Optionally, chop the pickles and mix them into the potato salad.
About this recipe
For nothing else there are probably so many different recipes as for potato salad. Every region and every family prepares it differently. This vegan potato salad is based on finely balanced vinegar, spices and vegetable broth.