Preparation: 90 mins
For 2 side dishes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Salt, pepper, sugar
- Finely slice the cucumber into a bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt and rub it on the cucumber slices. Then press a second bowl or plate on the salted cucumber and place a weight on it. This is to squeeze the water out of the cucumber. Let stand for 60 minutes.
- Using your hands, firmly squeeze the cucumber slices and completely drain the water that comes out.
- Mix 50 ml of water, white wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons of sugar and a pinch of pepper to make a dressing until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the dressing and some fresh dill over the cucumber and let it sit for 30 minutes.
About this recipe
This cucumber salad is a traditional side dish in Swedish cuisine. Squeezing the finely sliced cucumber makes this salad really crunchy.