Preparation: 25 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
Serves 2 side dishes
- 700 g potatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter
- Salt, pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover completely with water. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, simmer the potatoes for about 20 minutes.
- Then drain the water, rinse the potatoes in cold water and let them steam completely.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into even slices that are not too thin. Dice the onion.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Then add the rapeseed oil and the potatoes. Fry for about 15 minutes, turning several times, until golden brown on both sides.
- Then add the onion and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Fry everything for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the vegan butter and some chives and then remove from the heat.
About this recipe
Fried potatoes are one of the classic side dishes of hearty German cuisine. Crispy and golden brown, this vegan recipe is sure to please. They taste best fresh from the pan.