Preparation: 5 mins
Preparation: 25 mins
For 2 servings
- 1 red chili
- 1 clove of garlic
- Handful of parsley
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (250 g)
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 g penne
- Olive oil
- Salt, sugar
- Cut the chili into rings. Peel and halve the garlic. Chop a handful of parsley.
- In a large pot, bring 2 liters of water with 2 teaspoons of salt to a boil.
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chili and garlic and sweat for 2 minutes.
- Then stir in the tomatoes, bay leaf, 1 teaspoon of salt and a pinch of sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes until you get a thickened consistency. Remove the garlic from the pan.
- Add the parsley.
- Then add a large ladle of the salty pasta water to the tomatoes in the pan. Let everything boil down for another 10 minutes over low heat. Then remove the bay leaf from the pan.
- In the meantime, cook the penne al dente.
- Finally, add the cooked penne to the pan and mix well.
Goes well with
The dish can be finished off nicely with cashew parmesan.
About this recipe
The spicy tomato and chilli sauce is a classic of Italian cuisine. Only a few ingredients are needed to prepare it — the taste is even more intense.