Preparation: 5 mins
Preparation: 25 mins
For 2 servings
- 250 g penne
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Handful of parsley
- Pinch of sugar
- Cut chili into rings. Peel and cut garlic in half. Chop a handful of parsley.
- In a large pot, bring 2 litres of water with 2 teaspoons of salt to the boil.
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the chilli and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Then stir in tomatoes, bay leaf, sugar and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes until a thick consistency is reached. Then remove the garlic from the pan.
- Add parsley and a large ladle of the salty pasta water to the tomatoes in the pan. Let everything boil down for another 10 minutes at low heat. Then remove the bay leaf from the pan.
- In the meantime, cook the penne al dente.
- Then add the cooked penne to the pan and mix well.
Goes well with
The dish can be finished off nicely with cashew parmesan.
About this recipe
The spicy tomato and chilli sauce is a classic of Italian cuisine. Only a few ingredients are needed to prepare it — the taste is even more intense.