Preparation: 50 mins
Baking: 15 mins
For 2 servings
- 250 g wheat flour (type 405)
- 170 ml water (lukewarm)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 g fresh yeast
- Salt, sugar
- 150 g silk tofu
- 50 g vegan crème fraîche
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 150 g smoked tofu
- 2 red onions
- Salt, pepper
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dough with a pinch of salt and sugar. Knead for 10 minutes into a smooth dough.
- Form two balls from the dough. Cover them and let them rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C.
- Mix the silken tofu, vegan crème fraîche, white wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper to a uniform cream.
- Chop the smoked tofu into small cubes. Cut the onions into rings.
- Saute the onions with a bit of olive oil in a pan over low heat for 5 minutes until translucent. Then remove from the heat.
- Roll out the two pieces of dough as thinly as possible on a well-floured surface with a rolling pin. Then spread evenly with the cream. Sprinkle smoked tofu, onions and thyme over the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes.
About this recipe
This paper-thin, vegan Tarte Flambée in Alsatian style is topped with red onions, smoked tofu and a pinch of thyme. It also becomes crispy and savoury in its own oven.