Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
For 2 servings
- 400 g Hokkaido pumpkin
- 650 ml vegetable broth
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 apple
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Peel, core and coarsely dice the pumpkin. Core the apple and cut into pieces. Chop the spring onions.
- Heat the vegetable broth and keep warm.
- In a large pot over medium heat, roast the pumpkin with 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Then add the apple and spring onions and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Next, stir in the cinnamon, turmeric, nutmeg and 1 teaspoon of salt. Deglaze with a dash of vegetable broth and stir everything. Then add the remaining vegetable broth and simmer with the lid on low heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked and tender, thoroughly puree everything with a hand blender. Then return the pot to low heat.
- Mix the coconut milk, 4 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper with the pumpkin. Let everything simmer together with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Finally, puree the soup again with a hand blender to get a slightly creamy consistency.
- Serve with a tablespoon of olive oil and roasted pumpkin seeds or walnuts.
About this recipe
This roasted pumpkin soup is ideal for the cosy, cold days in autumn and winter. The combination of fresh seasonal pumpkin and apple, seasoned with coconut milk and cinnamon, tastes both hearty and fruity.