Preparation: 10 mins
Baking: 30 mins
For one sheet
- 15 plums
- 300 g flour, type 405
- 150 g Alsan margarine
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut the plums in half and remove the seeds.
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl. Add cold margarine in small pieces and mix quickly with your hands until even, small crumbles are formed.
- Put about one third of the crumbles in a second bowl. Stir in icing sugar and then set aside.
- Add rapeseed oil and white wine vinegar to the larger part of the crumbles and knead to a smooth dough. Then roll out the dough on a floured surface about 1 cm thick and place on a baking tray.
- Spread the plums evenly on the dough with the open side facing upwards. Then sprinkle the remaining crumbles over the plums.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
About this recipe
This plum cake also tastes vegan like granny made it: thin base, juicy fruit and sweet crumbles. Simply the perfect cake for the summer.