Preparation: 40 mins
Cooking: 8 mins
For 2 servings
- 300 g potatoes
- 50 g flour, type 405
- 50 g durum wheat semolina
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Peel and quarter the potatoes. Cover with cold water in a large pot, bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes. Afterwards drain the water and let cool down completely.
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes evenly and finely. Add flour, durum wheat semolina and salt and knead to a smooth dough with your hands.
- Cut the dough in half. Roll out each piece to a roll of 2 cm diameter. Cut them into pieces of about 1 – 2 cm width.
- Then slightly push in each piece with a fork. Place on a lightly floured surface and cover with a cloth. Then let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot with plenty of salted water to a boil.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water. As soon as they float on the surface, remove them from the water. Fry them directly in a pan over medium heat with some olive oil or vegan butter for 5 minutes until golden brown.
About this recipe
Traditional Italian gnocchi can be made fresh at home with a little practice. They are also versatile and can be combined with pesto, tomato sauce or bolognese.