Preparation: 165 mins
Baking: 45 mins
For 1 bread
- 40 g sourdough starter
- 40 g rye flour (type 1150)
- 40 ml water
- 250 g wheat flour (type 1050)
- 120 g rye flour (type 1150)
- 240 ml water
- 9 g salt
- 3 g fresh yeast
- Mix the ingredients for the sourdough and let it sit, covered, for 12 - 14 hours. The sourdough should have about doubled in size and be infused with air bubbles.
- After the sourdough has ripened, thoroughly mix the wheat and rye flours in a large bowl with the water. Let rest for 30 minutes for autolysis.
- Then add the sourdough, yeast and salt. Knead for 5 minutes on low and 10 minutes on second to form an elastic dough.
- Let rise covered in a warm place for 60 minutes.
- Then shape the dough into a ball and let it rise, bottom side up, in a heavily floured proofing basket for another 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C.
- Turn the dough out of the proofing basket, cut the top and bake with steam falling on 220°C for 45 minutes.
About this recipe
A simple sourdough bread made from wheat and rye flour. This farmer's bread develops a rich taste and a soft crumb even in the home oven.