Cooking: 20 mins
For 2 servings
- 500 ml soy milk
- 30 g sugar
- 125 g short grain rice
- 1 vanilla pod
- Berries (e.g. cherries or currants)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring soy milk to the boil. Stir occasionally so that the soy milk does not burn or boil over.
- Stir in sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Then add the short grain rice and a vanilla pod. Simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes until the rice has the desired bite. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the vanilla pod.
- Serve with a pinch of cinnamon and the berries of choice.
About this recipe
Rice pudding is quickly prepared and warms the soul in rainy weather. This basic recipe can be served with the desired berries.