Yellow Thai Curry
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
For 2 servings
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 can of coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1 tbsp. yellow curry paste
- 50 ml water
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt, sugar
- Cut the bell pepper into short sticks. Cut the carrot, green onion and zucchini into even slices. Mix the coconut milk in the can until thoroughly blended.
- Sweat the yellow curry paste with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a high pot over low to medium heat for 1 minute. Stir constantly so that the paste does not burn.
- Then add half of the coconut milk to the pot and mix with the curry paste. Simmer over medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes until it turns into a thick, intense base. Stir occasionally.
- Next, add the remaining coconut milk, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. Bring everything back to a boil and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add the bell pepper, carrot, green onion and zucchini along with 50 ml of water, stir and cook for 5 - 10 minutes until done.
About this recipe
Yellow Thai curry is one of the three most common types of curries in Thai cuisine. It is characterized by the mild pungency and creaminess of coconut milk.