Preparation: 200 mins
Baking: 20 mins
- 7 g fresh yeast
- 90 ml water (lukewarm)
- 150 g flour (type 00)
- Olive oil
- Salt, sugar
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 olives
- Rosemary (fresh)
- Olive oil
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar in lukewarm water, then let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with 1 teaspoon of salt. Then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the water-yeast mixture and knead for 5 minutes to form a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for 60 minutes. The dough should then have about doubled in size.
- Rub a baking pan on all sides with a bit of olive oil. Pull the dough to the size of the baking pan and spread it evenly inside.
- Cover the dough again with a damp cloth and let it rise for another 60 minutes. The dough should have gained significant volume again.
- For the topping, cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Remove the pits from the olives, if necessary.
- With your fingertips, press holes evenly into the dough. Spread the cherry tomatoes, olives and some rosemary over the dough.
- Cover the dough with a cloth one last time and let it rise for another 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the focaccia and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
About this recipe
Focaccia is a light and fluffy flatbread and the perfect side dish for Italian dishes. In addition to tomatoes, olives and rosemary, the topping can be varied according to taste.