Brioche Burger Buns
Preparation: 200 mins
Baking: 20 mins
For 6 buns
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 3 tbsp. soy milk
- 50 g vegan butter
- 3 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 250 g flour (type 405)
- 100 ml mineral water (medium)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Salt, sugar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp. soy milk
- For the dough, first dissolve the yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 tablespoon flour in the soy milk and mix until smooth. Let it rest in a warm place for 10 minutes to activate until a few bubbles form.
- In a bowl, beat the vegan butter, rapeseed oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt with a hand mixer until foamy.
- Then add the remaining ingredients (wheat flour, mineral water, baking powder) and the activated yeast. Knead for about 5 minutes to form a smooth dough. Cover it airtight and let it rise for 2 hours until it doubles in size.
- Then shape the dough into 6 equal sized balls on a lightly floured surface. Place on a baking sheet with baking paper with enough space between them. Cover the dough with a tea towel and let it rise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- After the dough has risen, mix the maple syrup with soy milk to make a glaze. Use a brush to coat the surface of the dough.
- Then place quickly in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the burger buns turn a golden brown color.
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing.
About this recipe
A recipe for fluffy, vegan brioche burger buns that is sure to work. Your own burger will taste even more delicious if you bake these buns fresh before you eat them.